This corset needed fixing! Because of recent weightloss, my 17th Century costume no longer had that fitted waist that is absolutely necessary for a dress from this time period! It was time for a corset remodel!
I originally made this corset into a zipper back dress. It was my first corset with boning, and so initially, I did what I already knew how to do which was put in a zipper. Good news was that I lost some weight, bad news was that the dress no long fit properly. It lacked that tight, form fitting waist that is essential to all these 17th Century time period dresses. The fix wasn’t as challenging as I thought it was going to be. With some advice from a friend, and some 2mm rattail cording, I remade this corset onto a lace back corset with a floating back panel—and the results were stunning! I hope you enjoy watching these videos and photos that give a brief explanation of how I completed this project.