Candied Pecans Recipe, Sweet and Spicy
Candied Pecans are a fun, and easy treat to make for the holidays as a gift or just to have around the house. This sweet and spicy pecan recipe is so yummy! The pecans have flavors of cinnamon and vanilla, and then a hint of cayenne that comes at you with a little bit of a kick! Candied nuts are fun to make and bag up to deliver to the neighbors, or put them in a mason jar, cut a square of Christmas ribbon for under the lid, and tie the jar with a bow. You can also keep them in the freezer, and use them for salad topper nuts. When I made this recipe, I used these candied pecans for a baby shower as a party favor, and they were a hit! Not kidding, people were grabbing multiple bags to take home to family and friends!
This is my own recipe! Enjoy these delicious Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans! They make a great addition to your recipes this holiday season!
Note: This same recipe can be used for almonds as well. I like to make a mixed bag of almonds and pecans when I am giving them as a gift, however, the pecans are my favorite! Some of the photos below in this post will show almonds as well as pecans.
Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
2 Lbs Pecans
2 cups Sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons cayenne
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 egg whites
2 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, and kosher salt. Mix until these dry ingredients are thoroughly distributed and combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg whites, water, and vanilla. Beat this mixture with a whisk until the egg whites begin to become frothy and bubbly.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, add the pecans. Then coat the pecans in the egg white mixture.
- After the pecans are coated in the egg whites, add the sugar mixture until the pecans are evenly coated on the outside. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread coated pecans on a cookie sheet, Bake them at 250 degree for 1 hour. Turn the pecans every 15 minutes to ensure all sides are evenly baked!